Wednesday, April 1, 2009

clean Bangalore

Dear Friends

My name is uthaiah krishna, I was born in a remote village in coorg which is well known for its spectacular natural beauty, which gives one a heavenly pleasure when one really indulges in it.
To pursue my studies I had to depart from my wonderful home.By then little did I know that I would not be returning to coorg other than short visits which I pay to see my parents. Over the years things has been changed I was used to Bangalore's life style and I had an opinion that Bangalore is the cleanest city until I visited few of the cleanest cities in the world,,,,from here chain of events starts that really makes me sick and annoyed I just cant digest the fact that how dirty our beloved Bangalore is (and we often brand Bangalore as a cleanest garden city) and I always wonder why cant we keep our city clean and tidy with out littering, what the hell our government is really up to? the questions always lingers. When I was in Toronto,Canada, my friend accompanied me to India for a short trip and I really felt ashamed and embarrassed to answer his series of questions that he asked about the messy atmosphere in Bangalore___to save my face I lamented: all these are results of insufficient funds "but real fact lurks somewhere.
Dear Friends now I live in Kuala lumpur, Malaysia, here I find city folks are well organised and sensitized they all actively take part in keeping their city clean and tidy.When ever I pay a visit to Bangalore my Malaysian wife often teases me here is your Bangalore cleanest Garden city in the World....
What is the solution going to be like? where is the solution ?.........it is with us, with our govt bodies,local authorities.Govt should educate people in this regard and should ensure that every one takes part by not vandalising the public properties by spitting,littering etc.Certainly its not tough to achieve.Its not only the money but also the strong willingness would obeviously works to the great extent. keeping our country clean is just as easy as keeping our house clean. For this we need willingness and not millions of rupees towards the maintenance.People employed in city corporation should be given training just to make them realise what really clean means.I hope that things going to change in right direction then we can really brag.

No comments:

Post a Comment